Teen Read at West Branch
The West Branch Library is hosting a Teen Read event on the second Tuesdays of the month from 6:30 to 7:00 p.m. The event is scheduled for Tuesday, May 8th.
May 8, 2012
from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM
|Where||West Branch Library|
|Add event to calendar||
For all teenagers, the Teen Read book club promotes reading in it myriad forms.
On the second Tuesday of every month, your guide - a genuine geek - will open up a preliminary discussion from 6:30 to 7 p.m. Then the room will remain available to group members until 7:45 p.m. in case you wish to stay longer.
We're calling out for Teen Read posters! We need original artwork created by you! All submissions will be considered for display, staff members of the West Branch Library selecting those for reproduction. Approved poster designs will be used for outreach and announcement of Teen Read gatherings. The creators will be given their choice of the next discussion item (meaning, you choose the book we discuss at a following meeting). Please contact Cinda at the West Branch Library for any questions. You do not have to have a library card to enter a poster submission or participate in the gatherings.
The requirements for poster submissions are:
Single-sided design on white paper, sized 8.5" x 11" or larger, black/white OR color, any form of media (computer art, collage, pencils, markers, macaroni, etc.)
- must include the title of the program (TEEN READ)
- must mention the time of the gatherings (6:30 - 7 p.m., second Tuesdays)
- must mention or have representation of some portion OR all of the following: Alternate history/fantasy/supernatural, manga/anime, science fiction. Examples are Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, Fruits Basket, Hunger Games.
- must include your first name and phone number on the back so we can contact you.
- Submit as many poster design entries as you like.
Also see: Teen Read at West Branch